Type Of Work
Create to Learn
Create to Learn
This website is a companion website of Renee Hobbs’ book “Create to Learn: Introduction to Digital Literacy”. The website has two types of audience - students and teachers. It has study materials for students and teachers. It also showcases different student-created examples under different categories.
- The website was built using WordPress several years ago with a simple design that has now become outdated and it was required to redesign and rebuild the website.
- The website was not mobile friendly and it needed to be addressed.
- The website was not offering a great User Experience and it needed to be improved.
- The website also was very slow and the performance needed to be improved.
- We migrated the data from WordPress to Drupal 9.
- The website was redesigned from scratch. We built mockups in Adobe XD and converted them to HTML and the final approved designs were then built into a Drupal theme.
- It was made sure that the design offers a great User Experience and at the same time is mobile-friendly.
- The website was built using Drupal 9, the latest version of Drupal.
- The performance of the website increased drastically with HTML, CSS, JS aggregation, and with aggressive caching mechanisms of Drupal 9.
- The website was also simplified so that it is easy for users to find the information required quickly.
- WordPress to Drupal 9 migration.
- New improved design with great User Experience.
- Improved security and performance.
- Simplified website workflow.